Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu 2D/1N
The Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu (also known as Camino Inca) is located in the Andes mountain range in Southern Peru. This epic trek, widely recognized as one of the top 10 in the world, passes through clouds forests and alpine tundras with spectacular scenery. Hikers will have an opportunity to see Incan ruins and settlements. The trail terminates at the Sun Gate at Machu Picchu, a sacred citadel for the Inca civilization. This World Heritage site is one of the most important archaeological sites in the world.
This is a condensed trip, for those who have less time or are not up for the more vigorous trek, but still want to fulfill their dream of hiking the Inca Trail and visiting Machu Picchu. It’s perfect for families and hikers of all ages that want to enjoy this incredible experience. Although it is a shorter trip, you will not feel shortchanged: you will still able to see the most impressive part of the Inca Trail and visit WiñayWayna, mid 15th century steeply terraced Incan ruins. We promise flora and fauna galore; you may even see some larger mammals.
- Tour Type: Hiking and camping
- Total Distance: 15 km/9.3 miles
- Good For: Anyone with a moderate level of fitness
- Difficulty: Moderate, but challenging
- Considerations: Permit required
PRIVATE TOUR PRICES
- 1 person: $845
- 2 persons: $715
- 3 persons: $665
- 4 persons: $620
- 5+ persons: $580
Day 1: Cusco - Km104 - Aguas Calientes
- Early morning pickup at hotel by private van to Ollantaytambo train station
- Train from Ollantaytambo to checkpoint Km 104
- Our trek begins, working our way along the original Inca Trail to WinayWayna archaeological site.
- After the tour you will be provided with a box lunch
- We will enter Machu Picchu via the Sun Gate (Inti Punku) at the perfect time of day to get spectacular photos.
- After passing through the Sun Gate, we take a side trail that leads us to Aguas Calientes in the valley.
- Following will be a delicious dinner at one of the many restaurants in Aguas Calientes
- We will be spending the night at a 3-star hotel in Aguas Calientes
Day 2: Machu Picchu
- Following the hotel breakfast, we take the bus up to Machu Picchu to enter the site.
- We will have a 2.5-hour guided tour of the site when you learn about the Incas while visiting the most important areas of the citadel.
- There will be free time after the tour to explore the site by yourself. If you have permits you can hike Huayna Picchu. (optional, must be booked in advance)
- A bus brings us back to Aguas Calientes. We will enjoy lunch at one of the many restaurants.
- In the afternoon we will take the train back to Ollantaytambo and then head back to Cusco by private van.
INCLUDED IN YOUR TRIP
For Your Transport:
- Pick-up and return to your hotel by private van from your hotel
- Round-trip train to and from Ollantaytambo
- Round-trip bus between Aguas Calientes and Machu Picchu
For Your Safety:
- Oxygen (for emergencies if needed)
- First aid kit
For Your Comfort:
- Professional English language guide
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 9+
- Meals include: A boxed lunch and dinner (Day 1), hotel breakfast and restaurant lunch (Day 2). Please note: Special diets accommodated with advance notice.
- Three-star hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Entrance fees to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- Breakfast on Day 1
- Dinner on Day 2
- Entrance fee to Huayna Picchu
- Tips (for cooks, guides)
WHAT TO BRING
- Original passport (with more than 6 months from expiration)
- A daypack to carry your personal belongings
Best time to visit Machu Picchu
Come rain or shine, you are sure to have an exquisite time on the mystical classic path to Machu Picchu. Plan as you may, remember that ...
Preparing for the Inca Trail
Preparation is the key to success, especially when planning your 4-5 day, 40 kilometer (25 mile) trip on the Inca Trail. This rigorous ...